The required courses for the Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree in Statistics are listed in the following pages. All students are required to develop working knowledge and skills in the computers, scientific and statistical computing.
This program is designed for students of non-statistical background.
Preliminary courses required for admission:
- MATH 119 Calculus I or equivalent
- MATH 120 Calculus II or equivalent
- MATH 260 Basic Linear Algebra or equivalent
- STAT 156 Statistical Methods or equivalent
- STAT 203 Probability I
- STAT 204 Probability II
- STAT 303 Mathematical Statistics I
- STAT 304 Mathematical Statistics II
- STAT 363 Linear Models I
*Plus one elective course offered by the Department of Statistics.