- Ph.D. Statistics Middle East Technical University, 1995
- M.Sc. Statistics Middle East Technical University, 1987
- B.Sc. Statistics Middle East Technical University, 1985
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Professor, Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University (2008- )
- Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University (2002-2007)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University (1998-2002)
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Civil Engineering and Operations Research, Princeton University, USA (1997-1998)
- Instructor, Department of Statistics, Middle EastTechnicalUniversity (1992-1998)
- Research Assistant, Department of Statistics, Middle EastTechnicalUniversity (1985- 1992)
- Random functions and applications
- Time series analysis
- Stochastic processes
- Risk and decision analysis
- Stochastic modeling in earthquake engineering
- Seismic hazard analysis and earthquake insurance
- Robust inference
- Tiku, M. L. and Akkaya, A. D. Robust Estimation and Hypothesis Testing. New Age International Publishers (P):New Delhi, 2004.
Chapter in Book
- Yücemen, M. S. and Akkaya, A. D., “A Comparative Study of Stochastic Models for Seismic Hazard Estimation”, Land-Based and Marine Hazards: Scientific and Management Issues, Series on Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research, ed. M. I. El-Sabh, S. Venkatesh, H. Denis ve T. S. Murty, 5-24, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands, 1995.
- Akkaya, A. D. and VanMarcke, E., “Estimation of Spatial Correlation of Soil Parameters Based on Data from the TexasA&MUniversityNGES”, Probabilistic Site Characterization at the National Geotechnical Experimentation Sites, ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication, ed. E. H., VanMarcke and G. A. Fenton, No. 121, pp. 29-40,New York, 2003.
- Akkaya, A. D., Balcı, S., and Ülgen B. E., “Modified Maximum Likelihood Estimators Using Ranked Set Sampling”, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 238,171-179 (2013)
- Şahinoğlu, M, Akkaya A. D. and Ang, D.,” Can We Assess and Monitor Privacy and Security Risk for Social Networks”, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 57, 163-169 (2012).
- Akkaya, A. D., and Yucemen, M. S., “ Robust Estimation of Magnitude-Frequency Relationship Parameters”, Structural Safety, 38, 32-39 (2012).
- Tiku, M. L. and Akkaya, A. D., “Random Design in Regression Models” (invited paper). JISAS. 64(2) 157-170 (2010).
- Akkaya, A. D. and Bayrak Ö. T., “Estimating Parameters of a Multiple Autoregressive Model by the Modified Maximum Likelihood Method ”. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics , 233,1763-1772 (2010).
- Tiku, M. L. and Akkaya, A. D., “Estimation in Multifactor Polynomial Regression under Non-normality” (invited paper). Pak. J. Statistics, 25(4) (2010).
- Akkaya, A. D. ve Tiku, M. L., “Estimating Parameters in Autoregressive Models with Asymmetric Innovations”. Statistics and Probability Letters, 5-6 (2008).
- Akkaya, A. D. ve Tiku, M. L., “ Short-tailed Distributions and Inliers”. Test, 17, 282-296 (2008).
- Akkaya, A. D. ve Tiku, M. L., “Autoregressive Models with Short-tailed Symmetric Distributions”. Statistics, 42, 3, 207-221 (2008).
- Akkaya, A. D. ve Tiku, M. L., “Robust Estimation in Multiple Linear Regression Model with Non-Gaussian Noise”. Automatica,44, 407-417 (2008).