- Ph.D.: Computer Engineering, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1987-1993.
- Ph.D.: Dissertation (Fulbright Scholar), Carnegie-Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1988-1991.
- M.S.: Computer Engineering, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1984-1986.
- B.S.: Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey, 1979-1984.
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Coordinator, Institutional Development and Planning Office, Rectorate, METU, March 1, 2019-ongoing.
- Elected Member of the Board, Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, METU, January 1, 2014-September 2016.
- Member of the Board, Institute of Applied Mathematics (IAM), METU, Ankara, Turkey, 2013-2016.
- Member of the Board, Arts and Science Faculty, METU, 2012-2015.
- Chair, Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, December 2012-2015.
- Graduate Program Coordinator, Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, 2008-2012.
- Assistant to Chair, Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, August 2012-December 2012; 2004-2007.
- Chair, Statistical Information Systems, Department of Statistics, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1995-2002.
- Assistant to Chair, Department of Statistics, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1994-1998.
- Professor, Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, December 18, 2012-ongoing.
- Associate Professor (promotion), Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, December 2010–2012.
- Associate Professor (title), Higher Education Council (YÖK), Turkey, November 2004.
- Affiliated Faculty, Financial Mathematics Program, IAM, METU, Ankara, Turkey, 2003-ongoing.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, 2002–2010.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1994-2002.
- Visiting Professor, Imperial College, Department of Mathematics, Statistics Section, London, UK, September 16, 2016-2018.
- Lecturer, Dortmund Technical University, Statistics Faculty, Germany, July 26-30, 2010.
- Researcher, Tilburg University, Department of Information Systems (BIK)/Center for Economic Research (CentER), School of Economics and Business Administration (FEW), Tilburg, The Netherlands, Summer, 2002.
Research & Teaching Assistant (RA & TA)
- Department of Statistics, Ege University, İzmir, Turkey, 1985-1988; 1991-1994.
- CMU, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1989-1991.
- Data Science & Analytics (DS&A)
- Streaming & Big Data
- Data Mining (DM)
- Computational Statistics,
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Computing
- Early Warning System Development
- Response Surface Methodology (RSM)
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Statistical Modeling
- Quality Improvement
- Environmental Statistics
- System Simulation
- Statistical Software Development
- Computational Statistics
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Computing
- Programming Languages
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Modeling and Simulation
- Regression Analysis
- Statistical Quality Control
- Probability and Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Recent Advances in Statistics. (Eds.) Ayhan, H.Ö., and İ. Batmaz. Ankara: Turkish Statistics İnstitute (TUİK) Press, 2007. ISBN: 978-975-01606-0-8.
Chapter in Books
- A Categorical Principal Component Regression on Computer Assisted Instruction in Probability Domain. Kapucu, T., İlk, Ö., and İ. Batmaz. In: Trend and Perspectives in Linear Statistical Inference (Proceedings of LINSTAT'16). Springer, 2018, 143-164.
- A Review and New Contribution on Conic Multivariate Regression Splines (CMARS): A Powerful Tool for Predictive Data Mining. Yerlikaya-Özkurt, F., Batmaz, İ., and G.-W. Weber. In: Modeling, Dynamics, Optimization and Bioeconomics I. D. Zilberman and A. A. Pinto (Eds.). Switzerland: Springer, 2014, 37, 695-722.
- Robust Regression Metamodeling of Complex Systems: The Case of Solid Rocket Motor Performance Metamodeling. Kartal-Koç, E., Batmaz, İ., and G.-W. Weber. In: Advances in Intelligent Modelling and Simulation: Simulation Tools and Applications. A. Byrski, Z. Oplatkova, M. Carvalho, M. Kisiel-Dorohinicki, Series Editor: Prof. J. Kacprzyk (Eds.). Volume 416/2012. Berlin, Heilderberg: Springer Verlag, 2012, 221-251.
- Determining the Climate Zones of Turkey by Center-Based Clustering Methods. Fahmi, F., Kartal, E., İyigün, C., Türkeş, M., Yozgatlıgil, C., Purutçuoğlu, V., Batmaz, İ., and G. Köksal. In: Nonlinear and Complex Dynamics: Applications in Physical, Biological and Financial Systems. J.A. Tenreiro Machado, Baleanu, D. and A.C.J. Luo (Eds.). New York: Springer, 2011, 171-178.
- Overview of Knowledge Discovery in Databases Process and Data Mining for Surveillance Technologies and EWS. Batmaz, İ., and G. Köksal. In: Surveillance Technologies and Early Warning Systems: Data Mining Applications for Risk Detection. A.S. Koyuncugil and N. Özgülbaş (Eds.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global Publisher (Idea Group Publisher), 2011, 1-30.
- Association of Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Concentrations with Sleep Phenotypes in a German Community Sample. Dogan, E., Willenberg, A., Batmaz, İ., Enzenbach, C., Wirkner, K., Kohls, E.,Mergl, R., Thiery J., Kratzsch, J., Hegerl, U., and C. Sander. PloS one. 2019, 14(7), e0219318.
- A Data Mining Application to Deposit Pricing: Main Determinants and Prediction Models. Batmaz, İ., Danışoğlu, S., Kartal-Koç, E., and C. Yazıcı. Applied Soft Computing (for Business Analytics). 2017, 60, 808-819.
- Has the climate been changing in Turkey? Regional climate change signals based on a comparative statistical analysis of two consecutive time periods, 1950-1980 and 1981-2010. Türkeş, M., Yozgatlıgil, Batmaz, İ., C., İyigün, C., Kartal-Koç, E., Fahmi, F. and Aslan, S. Climate Research. 2016, 70, 77-93. DOİ. 10.3354/cr01410.
- Dynamic Simulation Metamodeling Using MARS: A case of Radar. Bozağaç, D., Batmaz, İ., and H. Oğuztüzün. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. 2016, 124, 69-86.
- A Computational Approach to Nonparametric Regression: Bootstrapping CMARS Method. Yazıcı, C., Yerlikaya-Özkurt, F. and İ. Batmaz. Machine Learning. 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10994-015-5502-3.
- Efficient Adaptive Regression Spline Algorithms Based on Mapping Approach with a Case Study on Finance. Kartal-Koç, E., İyigün, C., Batmaz, İ. and G.-W. Weber. Journal of Global Optimization. 2014, 60, 103-120.
- Precipitation Modeling by Polyhedral RCMARS and Comparison with MARS and CMARS. Özmen, A., Batmaz, İ., and G.-W. Weber. Environmental Modeling and Assessment. 2014, 19, 425-435.
- Clustering Current Climate Regions of Turkey by Using a Multivariate Statistical Method. İyigün, C., Türkeş, M., Batmaz, İ., Yozgatlıgil, C. Purutçuoğlu-Gazi, V., Kartal-Koç, E., and M.Z., Öztürk. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 2013, 114 (1), 95-106.
- The Effect of Inspection Error on Quality and Producer Losses: The Case of Nominal-the Best Type Quality Characteristic and Rework. Köksal, G., Taşeli, A., Dolgun, L.E., and İ. Batmaz. European Journal of Industrial Engineering (EJIE). 2013, 7 (4), 497-528.
- Comparison of Missing Value Imputation Methods for Turkish Meteorological Time Series Data. Aslan, S., Yozgatlıgil, C., İyigün, C., and İ. Batmaz. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 2012, 112, 143–167.
- A New Contribution to Nonparametric Regression with Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines Supported by Continuous Optimization. Weber, G.-W., Batmaz, İ., Köksal, G., Taylan, P., and F. Yerlikaya-Özkurt. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering. 2012, 20 (3), 371–400.
- A Review of Data Mining Applications for Quality Improvement in Manufacturing Industry. Köksal, G., Batmaz, İ., and M.C. Testik. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011, 38 (10), 13448-13467.
- RCMARS: Robustification of CMARS with Different Scenarios under Polyhedral Uncertainty Set. Özmen, A., Weber, G.-W., Batmaz, İ., and Erik Kropat. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (CNSNS): Nonlinear, Fractional and Complex. 2011, 16, 4780-4787.
- Classification Models Based on Tanaka's Fuzzy Linear Regression Approach: The Case of Customer Satisfaction Modeling. Şikkeli, G., Köksal, G., Batmaz, İ., and Ö. Türker-Bayrak. Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems: Applications in Engineering and Technology. 2010, 21 (5), 341-351.
Scholarships & Awards & Honors:
- TÜBİTAK, International Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Programme, Imperial College, Department of Mathematics, Statistics Section, London, UK, 2016-2017.
- Best MSc Thesis Award, METU, Özmen, A., Principal Advisor: Prof. Dr. Gerhard W. Weber, Co-advisor: Prof. Dr. İnci Batmaz, 2012.
- Best MSc Thesis Award, METU, Yerlikaya, F., Principal Advisor: Prof. Dr. Gerhard W. Weber, Co-advisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. İnci Batmaz, 2009.
- Fellowship for Visiting Scientists Program; Graduate Summer School Funding Program; National Scientific Activities Funding Program, TÜBİTAK, 2007.
- The Netherlands National Research Foundation (NOW) Research Grand, Department of Information Systems (BIK)/Center for Economic Research (CentER), School of Economics and Business Administration (FEW), Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands, Summer, 2002.
- Publication Award, METU, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Faculty Performance Award, METU, 2003-2005; 2005-2007; 2007-2009; 2009-2011; 2011-2013;2016-2917.
- Publication Support Award, TÜBİTAK, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2015.
- Research Project Reconciliation and Scholarship Reward, TÜBİTAK, Project Number: YDABÇAĞ-100Y059, 2001.
- TA & RA Scholarship, CMU, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1989-1991.
- Fulbright Doctoral Research Scholarship, CMU, Department of Statistics, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1988-1991.