- Ph.D.: Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2020 -
- B.Sc.: Department of Local Authorities, Anadolu University, Turkey, 2020-2022.
- M.S.: Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2017 - 2020.
- B.Sc.:Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2012 - 2017.
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Research Assistant in the Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2017-Present
- Co-founder of Veripie, Turkey, 2020-Present
- Time Series
- Forecasting and Prediction
- Machine and Deep Learning
- Big Data Algorithms
- R Programming Language
- Statistics in Local Authorities
- COVID-19 Statistics
- Data-Based Policy Development
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
- Text Minning
- Data Visualization
Assisted Courses / Laboratories:
- STAT 111 - STATISTICS BY REAL LIFE EXAMPLES (Spring 2018, Spring 2020)
- STAT 292- STATISTICAL COMPUTING II (Spring 2018, Spring 2019)
- STAT 291 - STATISTICAL COMPUTING I (Fall 2017, Fall 2018)
- STAT 376- STOCHASTIC PROCESS (Spring 2019)
- STAT 497- TIME SERIES ANALYSIS (Fall 2019, Fall 2020)
- IAM 526- TIME SERIES APPLIED TO FINANCE (Fall 2019, Fall 2020)
- STAT 203- PROBABILITY (Fall 2019)
- STAT 471 - INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL ENGINEERING (Fall 2019)
- STAT 412- STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS (Spring 2020, Spring 2021)
- STAT 467- MULTIVARIATE STATISTICS (Fall 2020)
- STAT 487- INSURANCE AND ACTUARIAL ANALYSİS (Spring 2021)
- STAT 303- MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS I (Fall 2021)
- STAT 304- MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS II (Spring 2022)
- STAT 467- MULTIVARIATE STATISTICS (Fall 2022)
- STAT 112- INTRODUCTION TO DATA PROCESSING AND VISUALIZATION (Fall 2022)
- Mustafa Cavus, Olgun Aydin, Ozan Evkaya, Derya Tufan, Filiz Karadag, Ozancan Ozdemir,
Deniz Bezer, Ugur Dar. The Conference Report of Why R? Turkey 2022: The First R Conference with Call For Papers in
Turkey. The R Journal, 14(2):340-346, June 2022
- Mustafa Cavus, Olgun Aydin, Ozan Evkaya, Ozancan Ozdemir, Deniz Bezer, Ugur Dar. Conference Report of Why R? Turkey 2021. The R Journal, 13(1):648-653, June 2021.
- Özdemir O. , Yozgatlıgil C. (2019) Makine Öğrenmesi Teknikleri ile Muğla ve Kütahya İllerindeki Deprem Büyüklüğünün ve Yönünün Tahminlenmesi, 4. Ulusal Sigorta ve Aktüerya Kongresi, Ankara, Türkiye, 24 - 25 Haziran 2019, cilt.1, no.1, ss.81-82
- Özdemir O., Yozgatlıgil C. (2019) PERFORMANCE COMPARISON OF MACHINE LEARNING METHODS AND TRADITIONAL TIME SERIES METHODS FOR FORECASTING, 5th International Researchers, Statisticians and Young Statisticians Congress, Aydın, Türkiye, 18 - 20 Ekim 2019, ss.1
- Amr Okasha, Sabahat S ̧engezer, Ozancan ̈Ozdemir, Ceylan Yozgatlıgil, Ali E.
Turgut, Kutluk B. Arıkan. (2021) "Modeling and Evaluation of Human Motor Learning by Finger Manipulandum" 14th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2022), Florence, Italy
- Okuma Becerilerinin Toplumsal Cinsiyet Bağlamında Değerlendirilmesi PISA 2018 VERİLERİYLE BİR ANALİZ, M Cin, AO İlhan, O Özdemir, Y Düşkün, Ö Korlu.
- Organizing Committee - WhyR Turkey 2021 Pre-Meeting in cooperation with WhyR Foundation, 2021, Turkey.
- Organizing Committee - WhyR? Turkey 2022, Turkey: Organized the first scientific conference specified for R in Turkey.-April 2022
- Ozdemir, O. (2020) Performance Comparision of Machine Learning Methods and Traditional Time Series Methods for forecasting. MSc. Thesis. Under the supervision of Yozgatlıgil C.
Scholarships & Awards & Honors:
- Certificate for being the first among all bachelor's students who graduated from the Department of Statistics, METU, July 2017
- 4. National Insurance and Actuary Congress Poster Competition Winner, June 2019
- Certificate for being the most successful student among all master's students started in 2017 at the Department of Statistics, September 2019