- Post-Doctoral Fellow, McMaster University, Canada, 2004
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 2003
- M.S. in Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 1999
- B.Sc. in Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 1996
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 2015-Present
- Visiting Professor, Dept. of Management, Boğaziçi University, 2016-2017
- Assistant to the President, Middle East Technical University, 2012-2016
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 2010-2015
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 2008-2010
- Visiting Scientist, Dept. of Decision Sciences, George Washington University, 2008
- Instructor, Dept. of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 2004-2007
- Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University, 2004
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, 1996-2003
- Robust Statistics and Inference
- Statistical Distributions and Their Applications
- Goodness-of-Fit Tests, Outlier Detection
- Decision Support Systems
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Reliability and Survival Models
- Survey Design and Sampling
- Environmental Statistics
- Financial Statistics
- Quality Control
- Circular Statistics
- Sports Statistics
- Teaching Interests:
- Statistical Theory
- Generalized Linear Models
- Stochastic Processes
- Multivariate Statistics
- Goodness-of-fit tests based on Kullback-Leibler information, IEEE Transactions in Reliability, Vol. 53 (3), pp. 357-361, 2004 (with B. Şenoğlu).
- Goodness-of-fit tests for multivariate distributions, Communications in Statistics–Theory and Methods, Vol. 35, 1319-1331, 2006.
- A power comparison and simulation study of goodness-of-fit tests, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 56, 1617-1625, 2008.
- Monitoring reliability for a three-parameter Weibull distribution, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 94, 503-508, 2009 (with H. S. Sazak).
- MMLEs are as good as M-estimators or better, Statistics and Probability Letters, 79, 984-989, 2009 (with M. L. Tiku).
- Ranked Set Sampling, Methods and Applications of Statistics in the Atmospheric and Earth Sciences, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2012 (with G. P. Patil, G.D. Johnson and D. Egemen).
- Graphical Methods for Reliability Data, Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013 (with H. S. Sazak).
- Ranked Set Sampling, Encyclopedia of Environmetrics, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013 (with G. P. Patil and D. Egemen)
- Testing for Censored Bivariate Distributions with Applications to Environmental Data, Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 22(4), 637-649, 2015.
Scholarships, Awards and Honors:
- Academic Performance Award, METU, 2010
- Doçent Title, Higher Education Council of Turkey, 2010
- Young Investigator Award, METU Development Foundation, 2009
- NATO Science Fellowship Grant, The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), April 2003
- Certificate for being the first among all bachelor students graduated from the Department of Statistics, METU, June 1996