- Ph.D.: Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, USA, 2002.
- M.S.: Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, USA, 1999.
- B.S.: Department of Statistics, Middle East Technical University, Türkiye, 1995.
Academic and Professional Experience:
- 2009- Assistant Professor of Statistics, METU
- 2007- 2009 Instructor, Department of Statistics, METU
- 2002-2007 Biostatistical researcher and programer, IMS Inc. for the Department of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics of National Cancer Institute, USA.
- Bayesian statistics,
- Statistical modeling for health, genetics, biological, and cancer data,
- Model selection
- Directional statistics
- Missingness not at random.
- Mathematical Statistics
- Statistical Inference
- Camli, O. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2021), Bayesian predictive model selection in circular random effects models with applications in ecological and environmental studies, Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 28, 21-34
- Hassanzadeh, F. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2018), A new multimodal and asymmetric bivariate circular distribution, Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 25(3), 363-385
- Tanju, O. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2018), A cluster based model selection approach for logistic regression classifier, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 88(7), 1394-1414
- Kalaylioglu, Z. and Demirhan, H., (2017), A joint Bayesian approach for the analysis of response measured at a primary endpoint and longitudinal measurements, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 26(6), 2885–2896
- Karagulle, S. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2016), A test for detecting etiologic heterogeneity in epidemiological studies, Journal of Applied Statistics, 43(3), 538-549
- Demirhan, H. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2015), On the generalized multivariate Gumbel distribution, Statistics and Probability Letters, 103, 93-99.
- Demirhan, H. and Kalaylioglu, Z. (2015), Joint prior distributions for variance parameters in normal hierarchical models, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 135, 163-174.
Health Sciences Applications
- Kalafat, E., Yuce, T., Konuralp, B., Katlan, D. C., Kalaylioglu, Z., Beksac, M., Koc, A., Soylemez, F. (2015), Effects of in-utero cord blood collection on post-cesarean hemoglobin levels, (to appear in European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology)
- Karatayli, S.C., Bozdayi, A.M., Karatayli, E., Ozturk, T., Husseini, A.A., Albayrak, R., Ozkan, M., Kalaylioglu, Z.. Yalcin, K., Cinar, K., Idilman, R., Yurdaydin, C. (2014), Interleukin-28 gene polymorphisms may contribute to hbsag persistence and the development of hbeag-negative chronic hepatitis B,' Liver International, DOI: 10.1111/liv.12595
- Senses, K.M., Gonen, M., Barutcu, A.R., Kalaylioglu, Z., Isbilen, M., Konu, O., Chen, Y.T., Altorki, N.K., and Gure, A.O. (2013), Cancer-testis gene expression is associated with the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677 CT polymorphism in non-small cell lung carcinoma, BMC Medical Genetics
- Certified Hatha Yoga teacher
- Certified farmer
- Certified amateur sailor
- Certified first aider